See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
2 cups shredded sweet potatoes
1 cup shredded parsnips
3 scallions, sliced
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 cup apple, peeled and minced
1. Peel the sweet potato and parsnip and shred using a grater or food processor. Wrap the shredded sweet potato and parsnip in a few paper towels and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
2. In a large bowl, mix the sweet potato and parsnip with the scallions, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom and come up the sides at least a quarter of an inch.
4. When the oil is hot, scoop about 1/4 cup of latke mixture into the pan and slightly flatten. Repeat until the pan is full, but not crowded.
5. Brown the latkes on each side 3-4 minutes. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels when done.
6. While the latkes are cooking, stir together the sour cream and minced apple. Serve the apple sour cream on top of the warm latkes.
Per serving: 95 calories, 1g fat, 1g sat fat, 18g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 146mg sodium, 2g fiber
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios