See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
Cooking oil spray
3/4 cup fair trade granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
6 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 teaspoon fair trade vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 ripe fair trade bananas, mashed
3/4 cup fair trade chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. Beat sugar, butter, flax seed, vanilla and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Mix creamed sugar mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into the flour mixture until fully incorporated and batter is stiff.
4. Beat bananas into batter with an electric mixer on low. Fold chocolate chips and walnuts into batter. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in the tins for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per serving: 333 calories, 16g fat, 7g sat fat, 46g carbohydrates, 7g protein, 357mg sodium, 5g fiber
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios