Milk Money – Buy a gallon today to help a family in need tomorrow.
Thousands of Metro Milwaukee families lack adequate access to healthy food. Many barriers stand in their way, but the greatest of these is poverty.
According to Hunger Task Force:
- Milwaukee is the second poorest major city in the country
- Nearly 35,000 Milwaukee residents visit local food pantries every month
- Child poverty in Milwaukee is about 50% higher than the national average
- Almost 37,000 MPS children participate in daily school provided breakfasts
- Most food pantries lack the ability to receive and store perishable food stock, including milk
How it works:
Provides one gallon of milk
Donate at checkout
Your $4 Milk Money donation helps local families meet basic nutritional needs. Milk is a good, inexpensive source of both protein and calcium and helps ensure healthy bones and teeth. For every gallon purchased
a voucher is created. Vouchers are delivered to Hunger Task Force and are distributed to food pantries nearest a neighborhood Outpost. Pantry directors ensure vouchers are offered to eligible families.
Milk Money is just one way Outpost strives to create strong partnerships for a more healthy, diverse and sustainable community.
For more information about Hunger Task Force visit: www.hungertaskforce.org