NOW OPEN - Our Mequon store is officially open for business as of Monday, May 12 at 11 am.
Hello Ozaukee County! The corner property of Mequon Road (WI Hwy 167) and Wauwatosa Road (WI Hwy 181) now officially belongs to Outpost. We broke ground in July 2013 and open our fourth full-service store there in May, 2014. You can keep tabs on the project, get updates on employment opportunities, read about our design and construction partners and see what we're doing to make this store truly green, by clicking on one of the tabs below.
Here are some of the many highlights planned for this project:
- The store will feature all the departments and services you’ve come to love with a few surprises.
- Will create approximately 80 jobs (full and part time) and this will be a union store like our other locations.
- We are going ‘green’ and are working towards a LEED certified building and site to include skylights, environmentally safe finishes and materials, recycled materials, energy efficient equipment and even a electric car charging station.
- Storm water management on the property will include the addition of cisterns to capture and save rainwater and the water produced by the stores reverse osmosis water purification system, as well as the planting of a rain garden.
- Fruit trees and a demonstration garden!
Click here to read how we are keeping jobs local and keeping dollars local with this construction project.