Women entrepreneurs are on the move! You can find a multitude of products from women-owned businesses on the shelves at Outpost. And remember, supporting local businesses keeps our economy humming along. So let's go shopping!
According to the US Small Business Association, SCORE and other similar organizations monitoring small business trends
- Women led businesses employ 10.1 million workers nationwide, piling up $1.8 trillion dollars in receipts
- Women continue to face challenges in the marketplace, including access to capital and taking a role in leadership and board positions
- Entrepreneurial women tend to buy from other woman-owned businesses
- More women globally - 27% - started their own business during the pandemic out of necessity
- Only 8.2% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women
- The number of women-owned businesses are growing at twice the rate all U.S. firms
Did you know?
At Outpost, 57% of management and 55% of board directors identify as female.
Local/Regional Woman-Owned Businesses at Outpost
4 Elements Organic Herbals
Alive N Vibrant
Be @ Peace
Becky’s Blissful Bakery
Blossom Candle Co.
Chase My Creations
Cream City Soaps
Diana and Daughters
Garden of Eden Kingdom Living
Hidden Springs Creamery
Kellner Back Acre Garden
Mad Maiden Shrub
Maggie’s Herbs and Heirlooms
SA Braai Chutney
Slide Potato Chips
Soul Brew Kombucha
That Salsa Lady
Treat Bake Shop
Top Note Tonic
Yuppie Hill Poultry
National brands include: 4th & Heart, Bobo’s Oat Bars, Caulipower, CoolHaus, DeeBee’s Organics, Georgio’s Originals, Glee Gum, Goody Girl, Gustola Granola, Lifeway Foods, Mavra’s olive oil, Maya Kaimal, Me & the Bees, Miyoko’s Creamery, Mother Raw, Mylk Labs, Noosa, Quinn Snacks, Sheila G’s, Siren Shrub, Star Anise Foods, Susie’s Nature Bars, Watcharee
Local First Milwaukee "When Women Lead"
Tap into other women-owned businesses via Local First Milwaukee's "When Women Lead" resource guide.