Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm Bay View Community Room
10:00 am - 1:00 pm Outpost Bay View
11:00 am - 1:00 pm All Outpost Store Locations
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
2 cups Bharatma brand paneer, cubed (Indian-style fresh cheese)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Combine the dry spices – coriander, turmeric and cayenne – in a small bowl so they are ready to add all at once. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. The oil will be ready when a single cumin seed “pops” immediately when added to the oil. Add cumin seeds and toast quickly, then add the cubed paneer and cook, stirring occasionally until they develop a golden brown color. Remove from the skillet and drain. Set aside.
3. Using the same skillet, add the tomatoes and ginger, cooking until the tomatoes soften.
4. Add the dry spices and stir to blend, cooking for 1 minute. Add chicken stock, followed by the fresh spinach. Cover and allow the spinach to wilt.
5. Return the paneer cubes to the skillet, stirring to blend, and allow to cook another 5 minutes to meld flavors. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Per serving: 290 calories, 25g fat, 14g sat fat, 3g carbohydrates, 18g protein, 267mg sodium, 1g fiber, 588mg calcium
Inspired by Palak Paneer from <http://manjulaskitchen.com>, a great website if you enjoy Indian cooking.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios