1. Into the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter and mix until it is creamy. Add sugar, lemon zest, egg white and continue mixing.
2. Into a separate bowl, add flour, cinnamon, almonds and cloves. Whisk together. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until a ball has formed.
3. Add a tablespoon or two of lukewarm water if necessary to help form a ball. Wrap your dough in plastic and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 20 – 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Onto a lightly floured surface, take small portions of the dough and press or roll into ropes that are approximately the size of your finger. The dough is a bit crumbly. Cut into 2- to 3-inch sections. Continue until all dough has been formed and cut.
6. Transfer pieces to a cookie sheet lined with a silicone-baking mat or parchment paper. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
7. Transfer to a cooling rack and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
8. Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container.