See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup medium or fine ground cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1-1/4 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 heaping cup to 1½ cups fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour one 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, or two slightly smaller loaf pans. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk together honey, eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
4. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Divide batter between two smaller loaf pans or into one large loaf pan. Spread evenly. For smaller loaves, bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes of clean. For the larger loaf, bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
5. Cool loaves in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto a plate or board. Slice and serve warm.
Adapted from epicurious.com
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios