Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
9:00 pm - 9:00 pm All Outpost Locations
9:00 pm - 9:00 pm
1 pound Outpost breakfast or Irish country sausage (bulk or removed from casings)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Be sure to use a pan that is NOT non-stick as you'll need to whisk the gravy thoroughly.
2. Fully cook and brown the sausage, remove and set aside.
3. Drain all but about a tablespoon of drippings from the pan, add butter. When butter is melted, slowly add in the flour, whisking well to coat all the flour with butter.
4. After all the flour is added and has turned a light brown color, slowly add in milk, whisking the whole time.
5. Gravy will thicken quite a bit. If necessary, add more milk and whisk to combine.
6. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with eggs and biscuits.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios