Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
9:00 pm - 9:00 pm Online & at all Outpost locations
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Riveredge Nature Center, Newburg, WI
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Bay View Community Room
2 pounds oxtails, split into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
6 cups low-sodium beef broth
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin slices
1 stalk celery, cut into thin slices
1/2 cup chopped tomato (canned is fine)
1 sprig fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh parsley
1 bay leaf
1 cup red wine (cabernet or merlot)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt to taste
1. Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the oxtails to the pot and cook until they begin to brown. Add onion.
2. When onion is a deep golden color, add stock, carrot, celery, tomatoes, wine and herbs (thyme, parsley and bay leaf) tied securely in a cheesecloth bag.
3. Season with remaining ingredients and simmer until meat is very tender, about 3 hours. Remove herbs.
4. Separate meat of the oxtail from the bones; discard bones.
5. Reheat soup and serve with a little of the meat in each bowl.
Per serving: 388 calories, 18g fat, 7g saturated fat, 6g carbohydrates, 44g protein, 442mg sodium, 1g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios