Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Mequon Community Room
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm Bay View Community Room
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Bay View Outpost Community Room
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons Lionheart Spices Scarborough Faire Herb Blend
2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
1-1/2 cups carrots, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped
1-1/2 cups yellow onions, chopped
4 cups low-sodium beef stock
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
4 tablespoons cornstarch
2 16-ounce cans Guinness beer
1. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
2. Add garlic and sauté until golden. Add stew meat and sear on all sides.
3. Add Lionheart Spices Scarborough Faire, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, beef stock, vinegar and molasses.
4. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with an equal portion of Guinness to form a slurry; add to pot along with remaining beer.
5. Bring contents to a boil and then pour into a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook at low setting for 3-5 hours until veggies and meat are tender. Season with salt and pepper and fresh parsley to taste.
Per serving: 781 calories, 39g fat, 14g sat fat, 42g carbohydrates, 57g protein, 555mg sodium, 3g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios