See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
1/2 pound sliced bacon
3 pounds waxy potatoes, such as thin-skinned red or yellow
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley or chives, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup beer
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Salt and pepper
3 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and sliced
1. Cook the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Coarsley chop, place in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In a large pot, cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain, cool slightly and slice (unpeeled) into thick rounds. Return to the empty pot.
3. While the potatoes are still warm, gently mix in the reserved bacon, onion and herbs. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix up the mustard sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients. Add the potato-bacon-herb mixture while gently stirring.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with the eggs and serve warm.
Per serving: 307 calories, 15g fat, 6g saturated fat, 29g carbohydrates, 12g protein, 421mg sodium, 2g fiber
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios