Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
9:00 pm - 9:00 pm All Outpost Locations & Online
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Bay View Community Room
10:00 am - 2:00 pm Riveredge Nature Center, Newburg, WI
3 cups cubed, peeled butternut squash (about a 1-pound squash)
1¼ cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1½ cups fat-free milk
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
1¼ cups (5 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
¼ cup (1 ounce) finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1 pound uncooked cavatappi, or pasta of choice
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine squash, broth, milk and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Place the hot squash mixture in a blender. Add salt, pepper and Greek yogurt. Remove the center piece of blender lid to allow steam to escape; secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid splatters. Blend until smooth. Place blended squash mixture in a bowl; stir in Gruyère, Pecorino Romano and 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir until combined.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Add pasta to squash mixture and stir until combined. Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the hot pasta mixture. Lightly coat topping with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
Per serving: 390 calories, 10g fat, 6g sat fat, 54g carbohydrates, 19g protein, 589mg sodium, 3g fiber, 403mg calcium
Adapted from Cooking Light SEPTEMBER 2011
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios