See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
1 package Monique’s Simple Pie Crust (found in the freezer section) or other pre-made pie crust of choice, defrosted in refrigerator overnight.
6-7 ripe pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
2. Press defrosted pie crust into a 10-inch pie pan. Trim edges of dough and refrigerate for 20 minutes while your oven is heating.
3. Cover the crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Partially bake pie crust about 15 minutes until edges are just golden brown. Remove parchment and pie weights and allow to cool.
1. Place sliced pears into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
2. Place all remaining ingredients into a saucepan, stir over medium heat until mixture reaches a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and pour over sliced pears making sure all are well coated.
3. Pour pear mixture into the prepared crust and top with chopped pecans if desired.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and the pears are tender.
Per serving (1 piece): 371 calories, 23g fat, 6g sat. fat, 42g carbs., 4g protein, 340mg sodium, 5g fiber
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios