1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Pulse the nuts in a food processor several times to chop; continue processing until they are ground into flour and transfer to a bowl. Add rolled oats, whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour), flax meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix well. Set aside.
3. Combine the nut butter, oil, honey or agave, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in the food processor and process a few seconds to blend the ingredients well; then transfer this mixture to a large bowl and fold in the dried fruit and chocolate chips. Mix the dry flour mixture into the wet mixture. Dough will be very thick.
4. Scoop heaping teaspoons of dough, and form into balls. Place dough balls onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake until lightly browned about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flatten the cookies with a spatula. Leave cookies to cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes before moving to metal racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container. These also freeze well.