Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Outpost at Wellness Commons
9:00 pm - 9:00 pm All Outpost Locations & Online
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm State Street Seating Area
1 3/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup finely chopped almonds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the bottom of a 10 X 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure it comes up all sides of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, almonds and salt. Add melted butter and mix well. The mix should be soft and crumble. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture and press the remaining mixture firmly in the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for about two minutes stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining water, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir into blueberry mixture until thick, for about a minute then from heat.
5. Then spread blueberry mixture evenly over cooked crust and evenly press remaining oat mixture onto the blueberries, being careful as the blueberries are hot.
6. Bake bars 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. To cut bars, lift the entire block out of the pan using the parchment paper, peel paper away from sides and cut into desired sized bars. The bars will keep for a few days in the fridge if they last that long!
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios