Summer Food Drive
Think Outside The Lunchbox Summer Food Drive For Kids
June 1 - August 31
Hunger doesn't take a vacation. That's why Outpost joins forces with Hunger Task Force every summer to help end hunger for our community's families in need. Started in 2003, the Think Outside The Lunchbox summer food drive educates Outpost owners and shoppers about hunger in our community especially for those kids who rely on school meals as a part of their daily nutrition.
Please consider helping local families this summer by donating packaged grocery items and/or cash at conveniently located donation jars at each cashier lane.
Think Outside The Lunchbox Shopping List
For your convenience, here’s a shopping list to help you find the foods that would benefit local kids in need the most. Please place your packaged grocery items in the food donation barrels located at the front of each of our stores.
- Canned fruit in 100% juice
- Whole grain breakfast cereals, granola or cereal bars
- Peanut butter
- Fruit spreads or jams low in sugar
- Low sodium canned tuna
- Low sodium canned black beans
- Low sodium canned soups
- Brown rice
- Kid friendly snacks: such as fruit cups, whole grain crackers, raisins in snack boxes or 100% juice in boxes
ALSO -- Please consider donating a gallon of fresh milk through Outpost’s Milk Money program next time you shop! – CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Summer Food Drive Goals for 2018:
- Collect 5,000 pounds of food for Hunger Task Force & Family Sharing of Ozaukee County
- Raise $6,000 in cash donations