See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3.4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin works)
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
3. Mix the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, water, and spices together. Combine with dry ingredients until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Fold in candied ginger and chopped nuts.
4. Prepare muffin tin by spraying with vegetable oil or greasing with butter.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin tin, each about 2⁄3 full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Remove muffins from muffin tin and cool on a rack.
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios