See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
8:00 pm - 8:00 pm All Outpost Stores & Online
1 cup chopped rhubarb
½ cup sugar
½ cup brewed Earl Grey tea
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ vanilla bean, split and scraped
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
8 ounces fresh chèvre, room temperature
8 ounces milk
4 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ cup rhubarb sauce
1¾ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup rhubarb sauce
Milk if necessary to thin icing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using nonstick Bundt pans, there is no need to grease. If not, grease insides of pans.
1. In a small saucepan, bring the rhubarb, sugar, and tea to a boil. Add the vanilla bean and lemon juice to the pot and let simmer gently for about ten minutes.
2. Remove from heat and set aside. Add more lemon juice to taste, if desired. Remove vanilla bean at the very end.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. In a larger mixing bowl with an electric beater, combine chèvre, milk and eggs. Add in sugar and beat to combine. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, beating until smooth.
4. Add rhubarb to cake batter in small amounts until you reach the consistency of a smooth pancake batter. Set remaining rhubarb aside for the glaze.
5. Pour batter into Bundt pans, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Tip cakes from pans and cool on cooling rack.
6. To make icing, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add milk, a teaspoon at a time if necessary to thin icing. Spoon over Bundt cakes.
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios