Capitol Drive Road Work
Make way for a new bridge!
East Capitol Drive from N. Green Bay Road to N. 7th Street will be under construction now through late summer to replace the N. Port Washington Road bridge that spans Capitol Dr. Getting to your favorite Outpost location could be impacted at times, so plan ahead!
Northbound I-43 Traffic
Capitol Dr. East exit ramp from I-43 northbound is CLOSED
- Detour route: Exit Locust St. and travel east to Holton St. - turn left on Holton St. and travel to Capitol Dr. - turn left on Capitol Dr. - Outpost is in 3/4 mile
- Alternate route: Exit Capitol Dr. - WEST and travel back to Capitol Dr. from N. Green Bay Road - turn left at the controlled intersection - Outpost is in 1/2 mile
- Alternate route: Exit Hampton Rd. - EAST and travel south along N. Port Washington Rd. to Olive St. (Boelter Super Store/Home Depot) - turn left on Olive to Lydell St. - turn right on Lydell - Outpost is in 1/4 mile
Southbound I-43 Traffic
Capitol Dr. exit ramp from I-43 southbound will remain OPEN
Capitol Dr. is open to through traffic in both directions
As of 5/29/19:
The Port Washington Bridge reconstruction project will begin the next stage of operations starting tomorrow, Thursday, May 30th. The following traffic control is anticipated to last through July.
- A lane of traffic moving in each direction will be maintained on the inside lanes (median side) of West Capitol Drive between North 7th Street and North Green Bay Avenue
- North Dr. Martin Luther King Drive and North Green Bay Avenue will be reduced to one lane of traffic at the intersection of West Capitol Drive
- The westbound ramp from North Port Washington Road to West Capitol Drive will be closed to traffic. The other entrance and exit ramps from West Capitol Drive to North Port Washington Avenue will remain open
- North Port Washington Avenue will remain closed to through traffic in both directions
- The ramp from I-43 northbound to eastbound Capitol Drive will remain closed
During this stage, the contractor will mill the existing asphalt, remove and replace curb & gutter, adjust manholes, upgrade storm sewer inlets and resurface the outside lanes of Capitol Drive between North Green Bay Avenue and North 7th Street.