See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Bay View
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Mequon Location
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Wauwatosa
Tomatoes, sliced in half
Garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
1. Spread the tomatoes out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Disperse cloves of garlic among the tomatoes. (How many you add depends on how many you will want to flavor the tomato oil when you put them in jars.)
3. Drizzle olive oil over your tomatoes and garlic until they glisten. Sprinkle with salt and as much fresh rosemary as you’d like to season.
4. Put the tomatoes in a 225° oven and let them dry out for 3-4 hours.
5. When tomatoes are cooled, pack in a clean jar with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator. They’ll last about a week.
“The amount of time in the oven will depend on the size of your tomatoes. They should look dried, but not to the point of hard and crusty. I actually had mine in the oven for two and a half hours, then turned the oven off and went to bed. In the morning they were perfect.” — Pam Mehnert
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios