Notice: Undefined index: name in /var/www/vhosts/outpost.coop/htdocs/assets/common.php on line 728
Take the Eat Local Challenge!
September 1 - 15
The Eat Local Challenge is a two week quest to source meals from the local foodshed. While anytime is a great time to eat local, the height of the September harvest brings to the table the greatest concentration and diversity of local fresh produce. For two weeks, challenge yourself to local.
What is Local?
At Outpost Natural Foods we've defined "local" as from Wisconsin and "regional" as from the Great Lakes states. You may have a different set of criteria. However you calculate the miles from farm to fork, it's your challenge to commit two weeks to being a locavore!
Why take the challenge?
- You'll be doing your part to help preserve our local food system
- You'll experience the amazing flavors of your hometown
- It's a fun way to learn where your food comes from
- You're already shopping the co-op and farmers markets, why not challenge yourself and share a larger experience of supporting local businesses
- It's a great opportunity to grab a pen and write a food journal
Connect to co-ops across the country, watch videos that highlight many of the local farmers and vendors supported by co-ops across the country and blog with others taking the Eat Local Challenge. Brought to you by the Co+op Stronger Together.
Thanks to everyone who came to the 2013 Eat Local Challenge Resource Fair and made it a huge success! View photos from the Eat Local Milwaukee Facebook page. Slow Food WI Southeast helped folks express their desire to eat local!