Eat Local Challenge
Take the Eat Local Challenge!
September 1 - 15
The Eat Local Challenge is a two week quest to source meals from the local foodshed. While anytime is a great time to eat local, the height of the September harvest brings to the table the greatest concentration and diversity of local fresh produce. For two weeks, challenge yourself to local.
What is Local?
At Outpost Natural Foods we've defined "local" as from Wisconsin and "regional" as from the Great Lakes states. You may have a different set of criteria. However you calculate the miles from farm to fork, it's your challenge to commit two weeks to being a locavore!
Why take the challenge?
- You'll be doing your part to help preserve our local food system
- You'll experience the amazing flavors of your hometown
- It's a fun way to learn where your food comes from
- You're already shopping the co-op and farmers markets, why not challenge yourself and share a larger experience of supporting local businesses
- It's a great opportunity to grab a pen and write a food journal
You can eat out at a great local restaurant and support local farmers, too! Check out the 2011-2012 Restaurant Affiliates.
Other Eat Local Challenge Events
Tickets must be purchased by August 19
Connect to co-ops across the country and blog with others taking the Eat Local Challenge. Brought to you by the National Cooperative Grocers Association.
Thanks to everyone who came to the 2012 Eat Local Challenge Resource Fair and made it a huge success! View photos from the Eat Local Milwaukee Facebook page.
Brought to you by Eat Local Milwaukee. Gear up for the Eat Local Challenge! Information, tips, ideas and tools to continue enjoying local foods all year long, including workshops and cooking demos. Shop local food producers and local businesses!