Think Outside the Lunchbox
From June 1 through August 31
Hunger doesn't take a summer vacation. That's why Outpost has joined forces with Hunger Task Force to help end hunger for our community's families in need.
Since 2003, this special summer food drive has helped educate Outpost owners and shoppers about hunger in our community during the summer months.
For many parents, household budgets are already stretched, meals are skipped and nutrition can be severely compromised. Hunger at this time of year is especially difficult for those children out of school who rely on school meals as part of their daily nutrition.
Not sure what kind of food to donate?
For your convenience, here’s a shopping list to help you find the foods that would provide the greatest benefit to local children in need:
- Canned fruit and juice
- Breakfast items: such as cereal, oatmeal or pancake mix
- High protein foods: such as peanut butter, canned meats or canned beans
- Canned vegetables
- Dinner items: such as pasta, macaroni & cheese or potato mixes
- Lunch items: such as canned soups or canned pasta items
- Kid friendly snacks: such as fruit cups, crackers or juice boxes