1 whole chicken cut into pieces
7 tablespoons Afro Fusion Cuisine Mama Deacon jerk seasoning
2 tablespoons Afro Fusion Cuisine Mama Cita all purpose seasoning
3 garlic cloves
1 stem fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon habanero pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut chicken into pieces and make small 1-inch long cuts on chicken for spices to penetrate the meat. Chicken can be skinned or not.*
2. Mix all spices, oil, onion, pepper and lemon juice in a blender.
3. Put the chicken in a zip top bag and pour the spices in the bag, seal, shake for 1 minute and let marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Place chicken in 375° oven and bake for 45 minutes or until
internal temp of a breast piece reaches 165°.
* Skinning the chicken will result in much lower fat content. The recipe analysis was calculated using skinned chicken.
Per serving: 251 calories, 13g fat, 3g sat fat, 10g carbohydrates, 27g protein, 74mg sodium, 3g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios