During the coronavirus pandemic, our employees are working tirelessly to ensure that you have the delicious, wholesome groceries that you need. We all are greatly appreciative and are sincerely impressed with their efforts.
Outpost management and representatives from the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW Local 1473) are providing our workers with an additional pay premium in appreciation for the work they are doing on the front line of our business.
Additionally, we continue to support employee needs by:
- Installed plexiglass sanitation screens at all cash registers and counter service stations.
- Encouraging social distancing with signs & name tags – Look for friendly employee name tags encouraging social distancing.
- Washable cloth face covering or masks.
- Clear face shields (provided by UFCW Local #1473) for all Outpost employees.
- Prohibiting the use of all reusable grocery shopping and produce bags to help prevent further contamination at checkout.
- Encouraging our shoppers to choose Apple Pay, credit or debit - going cashless will greatly reduce staff handling of cash.
- Continuing to offer paid time off for employee health and/or care of family members.
As you shop the co-op, please recognize that our employees are here to serve YOU. We ask our owners and shoppers to remember to social distance, wear a cloth face covering if you can, limit to one household member to do the shopping (if possible), and bring your own sanitation supplies like hand sanitizer and wipes if you can (we are having difficulty obtaining these items just like you).
You might also wish to shop Instacart and have groceries delivered to your door!
United Food & Commercial Workers Union asks you to pledge to #ShopSmart
Since 1980, the majority of Outpost employees have been members of the UFCW Local #1473. The UFCW national office has launched a #ShopSmart pledge campaign to create awareness with consumers of the risks our store clerks face every day and they ask the consumers take some basic safety measures when the venture into the grocery store.
Outpost ask for extended 'first responder' protections from the State
Outpost Natural Foods and the [UFCW Local #1473] that represents grocery store workers asked Gov. Tony Evers for the Milwaukee-area chain's employees to received "extended first responder" status in a letter Friday.