See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Capitol Drive, Wauwatosa locations
10:00 am - 2:00 pm All Outpost store locations
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm Hunger Task Force: 5000 W. Electric Avenue
4 large egg whites
5 pounds mixed nuts
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
1-1/2 tablespoons salt
2 (9 X 13 in.) sheet pans lined with parchment paper
or silicone mats
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are foamy and nearly stiff.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the nuts, sugars, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt and toss to coat. Fold in the egg whites, tossing gently to make sure that all the nuts have been coated in egg white.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the two prepared sheet pans. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pans
and stirring the nuts at the 15-minute mark. The nuts
should be dry and crisp after 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
Recipe by Beth Aretsky by way of Anthony Bourdain
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios