See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Bay View
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Mequon Location
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Wauwatosa
1. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat, add butter until melted then for vegan option, add onions and peppers and sauté until softened. For meat option, add onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms and ground meat, and sauté until vegetables are softened and meat is browned.
2. Stir in rinsed wild rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add walnuts and cranberries, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
4. Transfer to a glass or metal pan/casserole dish and add hot broth. Broth should be very hot. Mix well.
4. Cover with foil and bake for a minimum of 90 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed. Note, it may take longer, so be sure to plan ahead.
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios