1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
To make the sauce:
2. In a pan, sweat sliced shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter until soft, but do not color. Add the button mushrooms and sweat for additional 2 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce by half. Add mushroom broth and reduce by a third. Add a dash of half and half, whisk in the remaining butter and season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. If you prefer a silky sauce, use an immersion blender to achieve desired result.
To cook the fish:
3. Cut the cod into 4 portions and place on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and add a few drops of fresh lemon.
4. While fish is in the oven, cook the leek, the mushroom, and the spinach separately in olive oil or butter and set aside. Add a tablespoon of sauce to the leeks.
5. spoon leek mixture onto plate and place cod on top. Garnish with the cooked mushrooms and spinach. Add chopped chives to the sauce and spoon over the fish.
Per serving: 255 calories, 13g fat, 6g sat fat, 8g carbohydrates, 23g protein, 200mg sodium, 1g fiber