Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
10:00 am - 11:00 am Capitol Drive Community Room
10:00 am - 2:00 pm Riveredge Nature Center, Newburg, WI
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Outpost at Wellness Commons
1 pound dry pappardelle pasta
Olive oil for the pasta and the pan (about 3 tablespoons total)
3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 5 small to medium-sized shallots)
1/2 cup black garlic cloves (about 2 heads)
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Coat the bottom of a medium to large sauté pan with olive oil, and place it over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until they are soft and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
3. While the shallots are cooking, peel all the garlic and then roughly chop it, keeping it in relatively large chunks.
4. Add the garlic and toss it with the shallots. Add the wine, turn the heat to high, and let it reduce by about 1/3. Add the butter and swirl the pan around until it’s melted into the wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and very gently toss everything together (If the pan isn’t big enough, pour everything into a large bowl to mix it). Season to taste again, if necessary, and serve.
Per serving: 426 calories, 12g fat, 3g sat fat, 64mg carbohydrates, 11g protein, 12mg sodium, 2g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios