See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Bay View
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Mequon Location
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Capitol Drive, Wauwatosa locations
1¾ cups sugar, divided
¾ cup (6 ounces) block-style Neufchatel cheese, softened
½ cup butter or stick margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups chopped peeled apple (about 2 large) – We like Ginger Gold, Honeycrisp, or Sweetango, but most any apple will work!
Whipped cream or ice cream to serve
Special equipment – 8-inch springform pan*.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat 1½ cups sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, and beat at low speed until blended. Combine ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon. Combine 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl; stir apple mixture into batter. Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from the sides of pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack, and cut using a serrated knife. Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
* Note: If you make this cake in a 9-inch square cake pan or a 9-inch spring form pan, reduce the baking time by
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios