See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
8:00 am - 10:00 am UEC at the Milwaukee Rowing Club Boathouse
2 cups pecans, roughly chopped, roasted fro 10 – 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper
2. Mix roasted and cooled pecans with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, chili powder and salt.
3. Stir egg whites into the dry mixture by hand until batter is well mixed. Then stir in vanilla and chocolate chips.
4. Drop tablespoon size portions of batter on prepared pan about 1 inch apart to allow for spreading during baking. Bake for 15 minutes or until crackled on surface.
5. Remove from oven and lift parchment paper with cookies to a rack to cool completely before removing. Store cookies in airtight container.
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios