See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (we used gluten free flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
3 to 5 peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 ½ pounds)
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup butter, softened
1 ¼ cups sugar
3 large eggs
10-15 small fresh figs, quartered
2 to 3 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 1 pound)
Vanilla ice cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Sift together first 7 ingredients; sift again.
2. Process chopped peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth. (Yield should be 2 cups puree.) Stir in buttermilk.
3. Beat butter and sugar at high speed with electric beaters or stand mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add peach mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Layer sliced peaches and figs in a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
5. Fold flour mixture into peach buttermilk mixture. Pour batter over sliced peaches and figs in pan and place pan in a large roasting pan; place in oven and add boiling water to roasting pan to a depth of one inch.
6. Bake at 350º for 50 to 60 minutes or until set in the center. Serve warm or cold with ice cream.
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios