See what’s happening at your local co-op - Sign up for the Outpost Newsletter!
Outpost Natural Foods exists so that our owners have a healthy, diverse, and sustainable community. We will accomplish this while maintaining the long-term strength of the cooperative.
View all Events
7:00 am - 8:00 pm Outpost Tosa
7:30 am - 8:00 pm Capitol Dr, Bay View and Mequon
5 or 6 apples, cored and chopped (don’t you even think about peeling them!)
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
If you have some peaches, raspberries or blueberries sitting around, go ahead and throw them in as well.
3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
¼ cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x12 glass baking dish.
3. Combine all the filling ingredients and pour into prepared baking dish.
4. For the topping, mix gluten-free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add in butter, combining with your fingers until you get pea-sized lumps.
5. Stir in pecans if using and sprinkle over apple filling. Pat down gently and spread topping to edges of baking dish.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream or a scoop of thick Greek-style yogurt.
Per serving: 331 calories, 20g fat, 7g sat fat, 39g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 161mg sodium, 4g fiber
Central Offices — 3200 S. 3rd St. Milwaukee, WI 53207 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios