Pop-Up MKE is a public and private partnership focused on economic development and entrepreneurship occupying three vital commercial corridors near downtown Milwaukee.
Entrepreneurs selected reflect the local community, and offer unique products and services. “This is a great opportunity for businesses to test their market and products, while being supported to generate public interest in their business in a low risk, supportive environment,” said Beth Haskovec, Coordinator of PopUp MKE with LISC Milwaukee.
Pop-Up MKE is coordinated by Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) in partnership with the Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WBBIC), the City of Milwaukee, and MKE United. Pop-Up MKE is part of a larger initiative, funded by JP Morgan Chase, aimed at building capacity and supporting urban entrepreneurs, which includes additional partnerships like the Milwaukee Urban League and the African American Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin.
Pop-Up MKE collaborates with the City of Milwaukee’s White Box Grant program to improve storefronts along Historic King Drive, Cesar Chavez Drive, and the North Avenue and Fond du Lac Business Improvement Districts for the business owners that will be selected for this short-term, retail opportunity with long-term rewards.
There will be multiple 'Rounds' where new and different local businesses will be offering their products and services.
Outpost holds the lease for the space at 1617 W. North Ave. through September and is pleased to offer it for use for this innovative project.
Connect to Pop-Up MKE through Facebook @POPUPMKE
Look for Pop-Up MKE stores at these three
locations in Round 1
Cesar Chavez BID Businesses
1008 S. Cesar E. Chavez Dr.
- Monash Natural Blends provides a variety of custom-made aromatherapy products to enhance your emotional and physical well-being. Their ingredients originate from ethical and sustainable companies that provide organic and wild-crafted products.
- In My City 365 A Milwaukee positive clothing brand that empowers one to be self-confident and proud of their city.
Historic King Drive BID Businesses
339 W. North Ave.
- Beloved Masterpieces LLC offers community painting lessons, to inspire self-expression through the arts, and community building that leads to healing.
- Natural "E" Beauty is a brand of beauty products that focuses on encouraging everyone to embrace who they are naturally. It is a virtual platform that empowers people to define who they are and understand their value.
Marketplace BID Businesses
1617 W. North Ave. (in the Outpost space!)
- Asili Naturals offers all-natural skin and body care products made with fresh plant-based and cruelty-free ingredients. Free of harmful and synthetic chemicals and made in the USA.
- Bella’s Treasures offers clothing, jewelry that inspires beauty, fun energy, life and happiness. Bella's Treasures is a boutique that brings back that old school flare.
Read more about this project!
About LISC: Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) is the recognized leader in neighborhood development. LISC provides programs, tools and investments that help communities thrive. Since 1995, LISC Milwaukee has invested $140 million in the central city by mobilizing resources for neighborhood revitalization and investing these funds through grants, loans and technical assistance to neighborhood-based community development efforts. Visit: www.lisc.org or www.lisc.org/milwaukee.
About JPMorgan Chase:JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About WWBIC: Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corp. (WWBIC) is a leading, innovative economic development corporation “Putting Dreams to Work.” In 2017 WWBIC celebrates 30 Years of Impact and has directly lent over $60 million in micro and small business loans with a current loan portfolio of $17 million and 500 active borrowers. Visit: www.wwbic.com