2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup sherry
3-5 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound Outpost wild rice chicken sausage (remove casings and cook)
2-3 cups cooked wild rice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup 2% milk
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1. Heat butter in a soup pot. Add shallots, sauté for two minutes, add garlic and sauté for another minute.
2. Add carrots and celery, sauté three to five minutes. Add mushrooms, sherry, three tablespoons flour and thyme. Stir well to combine.
3. Add broth, cooked chicken sausage and rice, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove browned bits. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add milk, stirring to combine.
5. If you want a thicker soup, mix a little more flour with some milk and whisk in.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with a warm baguette and green salad.
Per serving: 337 calories, 5g fat, 3g saturated fat, 48g carbohydrates, 24g protein, 482mg sodium, 4g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios