1. Cube bread and spread evenly on baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes until the pieces are lightly toasted. Let cool.
2. Add pork sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until well-browned, about 10 minutes.
3. Add celery and onions to pork and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until softened.
4. Add fresh herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme) to the pork mixture and cook for another 30 seconds.
5. In the bowl for a large crockpot, mix together the toasted bread cubes and the pork mixture. Be sure to get all of the drippings from the pan, too.
6. Stir in apples, dried fruit and parsley.
7. Add enough stock to the stuffing until it's very moist, but not soaking wet. You shouldn't need more than 4 cups, but you might need less - so start with 3 cups.
8. Stir in melted butter and mix the stuffing well.
9. Cook the stuffing on HIGH in a crockpot, half-covered, for about 30 minutes.
10. Then turn heat down to LOW on the crockpot, still half-covered, and continue to cook for another 4 hours. Stir the stuffing halfway through the cooking.
11. Serve immediately or keep it on warm until needed.