1. In a food processor, pulse the onion and garlic until they’re minced. Add the soaked and drained garbanzos, cilantro, salt and cumin. Pulse until well blended.
2. Add the baking powder and flour and blend in the food processor until thickened (less than a minute). Stir in the sesame seeds until everything is incorporated.
3. Over medium high heat, heat 1/4 – 1/2 inch of cooking oil (you can deep fry them or fry them in less oil too).
4. For quick pan frying, form the mixture about ping pong ball size and then flatten slightly or make into complete patties. Fry for about 3 minutes per side. (We just threw spoonfuls in the pan).
5. Serve with pitas or naan, pickles and The Good Sauce or a tahini sauce alongside a hefty salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and feta.
per serving: 289 calories, 13g fat, 2g sat fat, 33g carbohydrates, 11g protein, 532mg sodium, 167mg calcium