2 ripe avocados
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 chipotle peppers in adobo
1/2 pound Outpost chicken chorizo sausage
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 clove garlic, minced
12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 12-inch flour tortillas
2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
1. Cut avocados all the way around with a sharp knife. Remove pit, scoop out flesh and put into food processor.
2. Add the lime juice, sour cream and chipotles in adobo. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
3. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and cook chorizo sausage until browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove from pan and slice diagonally. Add oil, garlic and shrimp to pan. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook until pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
4. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan and add a tortilla. Cook tortilla for 30 seconds, then turn over. Cover half the tortilla with 1/2 cup of cheese. Arrange chorizo and shrimp over the cheese and fold tortilla over. Press down gently with a spatula and cook tortilla a minute or so on each side to melt cheese and to lightly brown.
5. Remove to cutting board – repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each quesadilla in wedges and top with smoky guacamole.
Per serving: 564 calories, 32g fat, 10g sat fat, 26g carbohydrates, 34g protein, 751mg sodium, 4g fiber, 496mg calcium
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios