1-3/4 cups unbleached flour
1/4 cup flax meal
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1-1/2 cups mashed ripened bananas, about 3 bananas
1/3 cup low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking oil spray.
2. Combine flour, flax meal, baking soda and salt, stir with a wire whisk to combine.
3. Place sugar and oil in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 1 minute. Add mashed banana, eggs and yogurt and mix well to combine.
4. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just moistened. Pour into prepared baking pan.
5. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl, microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until almost melted. Stir with spatula until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove 3/4 cup of banana batter from baking pan and add to melted chocolate and stir to combine.
6. Drop chocolate mixture by spoonfuls onto banana bread in pan. Swirl with knife. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack, remove from pan. Cool completely. Slice and serve.
Per slice:203 calories, 7g fat, 2g sat fat, 34g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 148mg sodium, 2g fiber
Central Offices — 205 W. Highland Ave. STE 501, Milwaukee, WI 53203 — Phone (414) 431-3377 — Fax (414) 431-4522
Milwaukee Web Design by Byte Studios